Hammond City Council Agenda – October 29,2018
HAMMOND CITY COUNCIL
312 EAST CHARLES STREET
October 29, 2018
I. CALL TO ORDER:
II. ROLL CALL: Johnny Blount (), Jason Hood (), Janice Carter Beard (), Lemar Marshall (), Mike Williams ()
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. A resolution (1) approving Hammond Northshore Regional Airport’s 2019–24 Capital Improvement Plan; (2) requesting that the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development’s Division of Aviation provide funds required to complete the airport improvements specifically described in the Airport’s CIP Application; (3) agreeing to certain assurances related to the preceding; (4) authorizing the Mayor and Hammond City Council President to sign CIP documents; and (5) authorizing the Hammond City Council Clerk to attest to these signatures. (David Lobue) Attachment #1, Attachment #2
2. A resolution (1) supporting the submission of a $3,095,000 Supplemental Appropriation Optional Airport Project Request through the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development’s Division of Aviation to replace the aged airfield lighting system at Hammond Northshore Regional Airport; and (2) authorizing the Mayor or his designee to complete and sign request documents. (David Lobue) Attachment #1
I, COUNCIL CLERK, TONIA BANKS, OF THE HAMMOND CITY COUNCIL, DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE AND FOREGOING WAS POSTED AT THE COUNCIL’S OFFICE AT 312 EAST CHARLES STREET, HAMMOND, LOUISIANA, IN ACCORDANCE WITH LA R.S. 42:19, ON OR BEFORE THE 26 Day Of October 2018 at 1:00 PM.
RULES FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
In the interest of fairness and time, the following guidelines are established, relative to public participation and discussion of any agenda item.
1. All persons desiring to speak on a specific agenda item will request the attention of the presiding officer at the time the item is being considered.
2. After recognitions the participant is requested to give his/her name and address and duly noted in the minutes.
3. All questions and comments are to be address to the presiding officer only.
4. There shall be no indulging in personalities and the participant must adhere to the item at hand, and the rules of decorum of the council.
5. When a council member, citizen, elected or appointed public official refuses to adhere to these procedural policies, and the behavior interferes with or disrupts the normal order of business, the presiding officer may eject or request the removal of the disruptive or obstructive party or parties. The presiding officer shall prior to the discussion of a particular item, allow time for the discussion of that item. The Council Clerk shall be the official timekeeper of the Council and shall interrupt discussion to advise the Council that time has expired. Discussion shall cease, and the matter shall then be voted upon forthwith. When called upon for a vote, each council member present shall respond “yes,” “no” or “abstain.” A failure to answer shall be recorded as “abstain.”