Hammond City Council Special Meeting Agenda – March 31, 2021
HAMMOND CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
312 EAST CHARLES STREET HAMMOND, LOUISIANA
March 31, 2021 12:00pm
I. CALL TO ORDER:
II. ROLL CALL: Councilman Andrews (), Councilwoman Gonzales (), Councilman Leon (), Councilman DiVittorio (), Councilman Wells()
IV. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: All veterans and active military, please render the proper salute.
V. Review and discussion of policy on Cooperative Endeavor agreements with non-profits.
I, COUNCIL CLERK, TONIA BANKS, OF THE HAMMOND CITY COUNCIL, DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE AND FOREGOING WAS POSTED AT THE COUNCIL’S CHAMBERS AT 312 EAST CHARLES STREET, HAMMOND, LOUISIANA, IN ACCORDANCE WITH LA R.S. 42:19, ON OR BEFORE THE 26th Day of March 2021 at 4:00pm.
RULES FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
In the interest of fairness and time, the following guidelines are established, relative to public participation and discussion of any agenda item.
- All persons desiring to speak on a specific agenda item will request the attention of the presiding officer at the time the item is being considered.
- After recognitions the participant is requested to give his/her name and address and duly noted in the minutes.
- All questions and comments are to be address to the presiding officer only .
- There shall be no indulging in personalities and the participant must adhere to the item at hand, and the rules of decorum of the council.
- When a council member, citizen, elected or appointed public official refuses to adhere to these procedural policie s, and the behavior interferes with or disrupts the normal order of business, the presiding officer may eject or request the removal of the disruptive or obstructive party or parties. The presiding officer shall prior to the discussion of a particular item, allow time for the discussion of that item. The Council Clerk shall be the official timekeeper of the Council and shall interrupt discussion to advise the Council that time has expired. Discussion shall cease, and the matter shall then be voted upon forthwith. When called upon for a vote, each council member present shall respond “yes,” “no” or “abstain.” A failure to answer shall be recorded as “abstain.”
Persons needing accommodations or assistance should contact City Council Clerk Tonia Banks at 985-277-5610. Request should be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.