Hammond City Council Agenda – November 12, 2019
HAMMOND CITY COUNCIL
312 EAST CHARLES STREET
November 12, 2019
I. CALL TO ORDER:
II. ROLL CALL:
III. PUBLIC HEARING:
1. Introduction of an Ordinance regarding Dogs. (Councilman Sam DiVittorio)
HAMMOND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
312 EAST CHARLES STREET
November 12, 2019
6:00pm or at Conclusion of Public Hearing
I. CALL TO ORDER:
II. ROLL CALL: Kip Andrews (), Carlee White Gonzales (), Devon Wells (), Sam DiVittorio (), Steve Leon ()
IV. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: All veterans and active military, please render the proper salute.
VI. Minutes of October 22, 2019
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Appeal by One Thirteen Hospitality, LLC of a decision of the Hammond Historic District Commission for an addition to the north façade of the building located at 113 North Oak Street application denied on September 18, 2019. (Jennifer Lee) Attachment#1 Attachment#2
B. NEW BUSINESS:
1. A resolution to approve Tacos and Beer location change from 201 E. Thomas Street to 207 E. Thomas Street, Hammond, La. 70403 and approve relocation for High/Low alcohol permit. Owners, JG Valencia, LLC. (Jinnie Wilson)
2. A resolution to authorize the Hammond-Ponchatoula Sunriser Rotary Club to host and serve alcohol on Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 10:00am until 3:00pm for the Chili Cook-off within the downtown parking lots on the west side of the railroad tracks and bounded by Coleman Avenue, Railroad Avenue, Morris Ave., and the railroad tracks. (Lacy Landrum)
3. A resolution to authorize the Hammond-Ponchatoula Sunriser Rotary Club to obtain a Waiver of the Open Container Law on Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 10:00am until 3:00pm for the Chili Cook-off within the downtown parking lots on the west side of the railroad tracks and bounded by Coleman Avenue, Railroad Avenue, Morris Ave., and the railroad tracks. (Lacy Landrum)
4. A resolution to purchase a Generac Industrial Model SG300 Generator for the Water & Sewer Department on State Contract# 4400013661 from ARCCO Power Systems in the amount of $87,368.68. (Jana Thurman)
5. A resolution to purchase four (4) License Plate Camera systems including installation in the amount of $53,764.00 (State Contract 4400011241). (Jana Thurman)
6. A resolution to accept the proposed health insurance package for calendar year 2020. (Henry Powell)
7. A resolution to approve Change Order No. 1 (Final) on “Drainage Improvements [FY2019]’’ (Project No. 420-11908) for an increase of $28,650.25. (Kylan Douglas)
8. A resolution to accept work as substantially complete on “Drainage Improvements [FY2019]’’ (Project No. 420-11908) commencing 45-day Lien Period and withholding 10% retainage. (Kylan Douglas)
9. A resolution to approve Budget Change Form 20-02 combining “SSES Iowa & University Place Subdivision’’ and “Sewer Rehab/ CIPP Work” into existing (Project No. 616-11904 “Sewer & Drainage SSES FY 2019” (Chuck Spangler)
10. A resolution to accept for review proposals for the garbage and recycling contracts. (Lacy Landrum)
11. A resolution supporting the submission of a $23,700.43 grant application to the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation for rescue equipment. (Charles W. Borchers IV)
12. A resolution supporting the submission of a $17,000 grant application to the Local Government Assistance Program for improvements to the Hammond City Council Chambers. (Charles W. Borchers IV)
13. A resolution authorizing Tonia Banks, Hammond City Council Clerk, to certify signatories and signatures for the City of Hammond’s Fiscal Year 2019–20 Local Government Assistance Program grant application/project. (Charles W. Borchers IV)
14. A resolution supporting the submission of a $28,000 grant application to the Community Water Enrichment Fund to purchase water sampling stations. (Charles W. Borchers IV)
15. A resolution authorizing Tonia Banks, Hammond City Council Clerk, to certify signatories and signatures for the City of Hammond’s Fiscal Year 2019–20 Community Water Enrichment Fund grant application/project. (Charles W. Borchers IV)
16. A resolution approving Change Order No. 5 (Final) for “Zemurray Park Pool Renovation” (Project 11717) for final materials and quantities in the amount of $6,730. (Charles W. Borchers IV)
17. A resolution approving the Mayor to enter into a cooperative endeavor agreement between the City of Hammond, Hammond Area Economic and Industrial Development District, and GMEL, LLC for the design, bid and construction of water and sewer improvements along Pride Drive with each entity paying a third of the project costs, estimated at a total cost of $105,000, and with the City’s portion estimated at $35,000. (Lacy Landrum)
18. A resolution to transfer $35,000 from available water/sewer funds (61636000 – 560330) to a new project named “Pride Drive Water/Sewer” (Project #12024). (Lacy Landrum)
19. A resolution to transfer $113,000 from Available/Surplus funds (42015800 – 560330) into the “Martin Luther King Parking Improvements” project. (Lacy Landrum)
20. A resolution to ratify bids and award a contract for “Martin Luther King Parking Improvements”. (Chuck Spangler)
21. A resolution to authorize the Downtown Development District and its approved merchants to serve alcohol during the event Starry November Night, held on Friday, November 15, 2019 from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. Event is held within the boundaries of E. and W. Charles St., N. and S. Cherry St., E. and W. Coleman St. and N. and S. Pine St. (Chelsea Little)
22. A resolution to grant a Waiver of the City of Hammond’s Open Container Law to the Downtown Development District and its approved merchants during the event Starry November Night, held on Friday, November 15, 2019 from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. Event is held within the boundaries of E. and W. Charles St., N. and S. Cherry St., E. and W. Coleman St. and N. and S. Pine St. (Chelsea Little)
VIII. FINAL ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE:
1. A Final adoption of an ordinance regarding dogs (Councilman Sam DiVittorio)
IX. INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE AND SET OF PUBLIC HEARING:
1. Introduction to an Ordinance to rezone the following properties from RS-11.A to RS-11 located at 2445 Old Baton Rouge Hwy, 2247 Old Baton Rouge Hwy, 2409 Old Baton Rouge Hwy, 501 Del Mar Blvd, 603 Del Mar Blvd., 602 Del Mar Blvd., 2501 Old Baton Rouge Hwy, 43418 Willow Villa Road, and 2200 Rue Denise as a requested by the City of Hammond and all in accordance with legal descriptions and surveys. (Z-2019-09-00066 Recommend approval by the Zoning Commission) (Tracie Schillace)
I, COUNCIL CLERK, TONIA BANKS, OF THE HAMMOND CITY COUNCIL, DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE AND FOREGOING WAS POSTED AT THE COUNCIL’S CHAMBERS AT 312 EAST CHARLES STREET, HAMMOND, LOUISIANA, IN ACCORDANCE WITH LA R.S. 42:19, ON OR BEFORE THE 11th Day Of November 2019 at 4:00pm.
RULES FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
In the interest of fairness and time, the following guidelines are established, relative to public participation and discussion of any agenda item.
1. All persons desiring to speak on a specific agenda item will request the attention of the presiding officer at the time the item is being considered.
2. After recognitions the participant is requested to give his/her name and address and duly noted in the minutes.
3. All questions and comments are to be address to the presiding officer only.
4. There shall be no indulging in personalities and the participant must adhere to the item at hand, and the rules of decorum of the council.
5. When a council member, citizen, elected or appointed public official refuses to adhere to these procedural policies, and the behavior interferes with or disrupts the normal order of business, the presiding officer may eject or request the removal of the disruptive or obstructive party or parties. The presiding officer shall prior to the discussion of a particular item, allow time for the discussion of that item. The Council Clerk shall be the official timekeeper of the Council and shall interrupt discussion to advise the Council that time has expired. Discussion shall cease, and the matter shall then be voted upon forthwith. When called upon for a vote, each council member present shall respond “yes,” “no” or “abstain.” A failure to answer shall be recorded as “abstain.”
Persons needing accommodations or assistance should contact City Council Clerk Tonia Banks at 985-277-5610. Request should be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.